Youth Arts is excited to announce its 2018 programming for teens!
Youth Arts programming is designed to give young artists, creatives and makers (age 12-18) of all levels the opportunity to push their artistic boundaries. We celebrate the process of creating, experimenting and taking risks. Whether a teen is looking to collaborate with peers, experiment with new techniques and mediums or challenge their own artistic practice, Youth Arts programs are here to support any young artists’ goals.
COST: $59 for one session or $50 for each session when you register for two or more.
ARTLAB is designed to support teens (ages 12-18) build their artistic practice and individual style while offering exposure to new materials and techniques. Under the guidance of faculty, artists, and NHIA artist-teacher candidates, students will be challenged to step out of their creative comfort zones and explore a theme through various independent and collaborative 2D and 3D projects. This is the perfect opportunity for young creatives of all levels to push their artistic boundaries, meet other local teens, gain experience in various mediums and challenge themselves through creative experimentation. ARTLABs end with a pop-up gallery reception for teens to showcase their work to family and friends.
ARTLAB AFTERSCHOOL DATES, 4:30 – 6:30pm (Open Studio available starting at 3:30pm)
- Tuesdays, March 10 – April 10, ARTLAB Session 3a
- Tuesdays, April 17-May 15, ARTLAB Session 3b (No ARTLAB on April 24)
- Wednesdays, March 21 – April 11, ARTLAB Session 1b
- Thursdays, March 15 – April 5, ARTLAB Session 2b
- Tuesdays, April 3 – May 1, ARTLAB Session 3b
- Thursdays, April 12 – May 10, ARTLAB Session 4
ARTLAB AFTERSCHOOL POP-UP GALLERY RECEPTION DATES
An integral part of ARTLAB is sharing the young artists’ creative experimentation and process with family, friends and the public. Each student is invited to exhibit work in one of two pop up gallery receptions.
- Sessions 1 and Sessions 2, Friday, April 13, 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Sessions 3, Tuesday, May 15, 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Sessions 4, Thursday, May 10, 7:00 – 8:00pm
ARTLAB SCHEDULE OUTLINE
- 3:30 – 4:20pm Sign-In
- 3:30 – 4:30pm Optional Open Studio (Time for students to create freely)
- 4:30 – 6:30pm ARTLAB
- 6:30pm Sign-Out
ARTLAB SUMMER INTENSIVES
Fun, engaging, and dynamic workshops designed for teens (13 – 18) to explore a nd challenge their artistic boundaries. With a diverse range of topics and themes, these week-long workshops allow young creatives to evolve their skills, try innovative techniques, and be a part of a community of young artists, creatives, and makers. Each session is built around a theme and led by a team of accomplished faculty and visiting artists. Each session runs daily from 9am- 4pm with an optional breakfast starting at 8:30am and open studio time available until 5:00pm.More information about each week long session and how to register, coming soon!
- Week 1: July 16 – July 20
- Week 2: July 23 – July 27
- Week 3: July 30 – August 3
- Week 4: August 6 – August 10
NEW! Friday Night CoLAB
COST: $38 for one CoLAB or $35 for each CoLAB when you register for two or more.
We’re excited to announce Youth Arts newest program, CoLAB. Taking place at the NHIA Manchester campus the second Friday of every month from 5:00pm to 9:30pm during the school year. CoLAB is a safe space for creativity, ideas, experimentation, and materials to collide. Together young artists (ages 13-18) will spend their Friday night developing a shared vision and creating an original collaborative art piece. Emphasis will be placed on the creative process, communication, collaboration and (of course) fun! CoLAB is perfect for young artists of all levels to be artistically challenged and meet other local teens. Join us for dinner and let’s create!
CoLAB DATES and Areas of Focus
- February 9 - Collaborative Mural Drawing
- March 9 - Collaborative Installation Sculpture
- April 6 - Collaborative Screenprinting
- May 11 - Collaborative Relief Print T-Shirt Design
Needs based scholarships are available for all Youth Arts programs, to apply CLICK HERE.
2018 YOUTH ARTS GENERAL POLICIES
Prior to participating in any Youth Arts program please take a moment to read through our General Policies and fill out the required Student Information and Participation Agreement Form.
Program Withdrawal and Refunds
Withdrawal from a Youth Arts program whether it’s Art Lab After School, a Saturday class or weekend workshop must be made in writing to Jaclynn Hart or emailed to email@example.com. Not attending a program does not constitute an official withdrawal.
- 10 or more days prior to the first class: 100% refund
- 7-9 days prior to the first class: 50% refund
- 1-6 days prior: no refunds