Are you ready to expand your creative process and your work?
Do you wonder if a degree in art or design is right for you?
Would you like to meet and work with other students who are artists like you?
Join us for this dynamic, creative, and immersive program. NHIA’s Pre-College Summer Program offers an inspiring college-level experience allowing students to develop and broaden their skills, understand and use their personal creative voice, and build a professional portfolio of work.
Outside of class, you will visit the Currier Museum of Art, enjoy presentations and discussions with visiting artists, collaborate in group workshops, gain feedback from professional artists in a portfolio review, and enjoy a visit to the beautiful New Hampshire Seacoast.
High school students age 15-19 are welcome to apply. Here’s what you’ll get out of the program:
• Build a portfolio
• Advance your skills working in a variety of media
• Learn from our exceptional BFA faculty and professional artists
• Use state-of-the-art studios and facilities
• Gain insight into career possibilities in a range of creative fields
• Meet and collaborate with other students from across the United States
• Earn college credit
• Live in residence halls on our campus in downtown Manchester, NH, just steps away from the city’s thriving restaurants, shops, galleries and cafes
Rolling Admissions Deadline is July 1
Applications are accepted through July 1. Scholarships are available and will be awarded as funds remain available. Space in the program is limited.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form
- 3-5 works (images or writing) via Slideroom
- Personal Essay (300-500 words) via Slideroom. Your essay should address how you will use the experience of Pre-College to benefit your education and the development of your creative ideas. You may submit an artist statement in lieu of an essay.
- Recommendation from 1-2 references, preferably your primary Art or Writing instructor (this may be submitted through Slideroom; emailed to PreCollege@nhia.edu or be sent hard-copy to the Pre-College Team
- Submit $30 application fee
If you have any questions contact our Pre-College Team at PreCollege@nhia.edu, 603-836-2561.