The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards are the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious recognition program for creative teens in grades 7–12.
This year, students submitted nearly 350,000 works of visual art and writing to the Scholastic Awards; more than 90,000 works were recognized at the regional level and celebrated in local exhibitions and ceremonies. The top art and writing at the regional level competed at the national stage, where more than 2,800 students earned National Medals and their work was included in the Art.Write.Now. National Exhibition.
A curated show featuring approximately 50 visual art works and an anthology of The Best Teen Writing from this year’s national exhibition is touring the country and will be at the New Hampshire Institute of Art (NHIA) from September 7th to October 20th. We would like to invite you to an exclusive viewing of the show.
- When: Saturday, September 8th, 10:00 a.m. – noon
- Where: French Hall, 148 Concord St. Manchester, NH
- Learn about:
- NHIA’s programs for artists, designers and writers
- The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
- The benefits of belonging to the New Hampshire Art Educators’ Association
- View the Art.Write.Now. Tour
- Tour campus (optional)
A light breakfast will be served.To register for the event, please click here.
This event occurs on the same day as the Art Jam Riverside in Manchester. Come and make a day of it!
* Artwork courtesy of JESSE COCKERHAM, "Nassau," Painting. Grade 12, Age 17, West Forsyth High School, Clemmons, NC